Login

Forgot password?

We love free and open web!

Author Topic: Questions about VPN  (Read 5221 times)

Offline rocker

• View Profile
Questions about VPN
« on: January 31, 2013, 10:04:31 AM »
I've been researching among the forums the use of VPN. Have to admit I have no experience using VPN as employer does not allow access outside of office. From what I've read, personal VPNs seem to be a good idea, especially when using public wi-fi hotspots. Any of you that have experience with VPNs, for personal use, please share your thoughts, tips, etc.

What VPN(s) would you recommend for a personal use basis, and are there some that you would discourage being used? I've seen many VPNs listed in the Play Store and many others on the web that are recommended for Android.

Given the choice, which protocol would you recommend (PPTP, IPsec, etc.)?

Since I've never used VPN, I'm not sure what else to ask , so your help is appreciated. Sounds as though I should be using VPN, though, at least when using the free wi-fi available in motels, airports, etc.

Thanks!

Offline timallen

• View Profile
Re: Questions about VPN
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 10:05:06 AM »
VPN is good for protecting your privacy but they have a drawback. it makes the internet slow.

Android has VPN feature . to add VPN go to settings. also most personal VPN are paid

Offline shutter1

• View Profile
Re: Questions about VPN
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 02:07:04 AM »
VpN is Virtual Private Network that allow you to by by Pass the stricted website or blocked website in you country or office... The best for me Easy to use and easy to register, it is only one the best VPN...  PDPROXY vpn ... visit here.. pdproxy.com