Login

Forgot password?

We love free and open web!

Author Topic: NordVPN: A Good VPN With 77% Off Discount!  (Read 2798 times)

Offline Glacelobium

• View Profile
NordVPN: A Good VPN With 77% Off Discount!
« on: June 27, 2018, 05:29:34 AM »
Hey. Just wanted to share my thoughts about NordVPN and a great discount for it, at least IMHO.

I am sure you all have heard about NordVPN: ads, reviews, TV (I haven't heard it myself, but my American friend said he saw a TV ad). It is regarded as one of a better VPNs out there. Anyway, I was in search for a VPN and read many reviews. Here are some key points:

1. I wanted a secure service. Nord has a zero log policy and is based in Panama with no data retention laws and it is outside the 14 eyes jurisdiction. It means that it does not collect any information and is not forced to share them with any law enforcement agencies. It also natively supports OpenVPN and IKEv2 which are really secure protocols.

2. I wanted a fast service. Nord has over 4400 servers so you can always find one which is not crowded and is near you.

3. I wanted a service which can offer US Netflix and Hulu streaming compatibility because I'm from France and I'm geo-blocked from them. Nord has a nice feature called Smartplay which somehow changes your DNS address and connecting from some other server not based in US will still get you US Netflix content. Furthermore, they recently added SmartDNS so it became even easier to set up any Smart TV.

4. I wanted a service capable of P2P/Torrenting, because of... reasons :) So Nord has dedicated P2P servers and even though it doesn't support port forwarding, the speed drop is insignificant, at least in my experience. It also has an automatic kill-switch so you wouldn't get your ass caught if something bad happened.

Plus you get CyberSec which is a nifty feature: it blocks malicious sites, ads etc. It also has many other features.

All in all, I would rate it 9 out of 10. There are some things missing or that could be improved, but overall it is a very solid product.

Anyway, I wanted to share a discount. I used coupon code ZEROLOGS3Y a couple of months ago which gets you 77% off, just entered into check out at https://nordvpn.com/. Maybe it still works? ;)