Login

Forgot password?

We love free and open web!

Author Topic: Access private network and internet via router based VPN server  (Read 8437 times)

Offline rosyvpn

• View Profile
Access private network and internet via router based VPN server
« on: November 30, 2016, 10:31:05 AM »
I have configured my router to run VPN Server and am able to access my private network over the internet.  What I now want to do is to allow the VPN server to act as a stepping stone back out onto the internet so that I can access internet sites which are locked to a geographic location. So as far as these external sites are concerned I am accessing them from my private / allowed IP range.  Does anyone know if this is possible and what I might need to do in general terms to set it up? (NB if I presently select an external web site eg google via the VPN the browser just hangs and no data is received).

I previously configured a Windows PC to accept incoming VPN traffic via PPTP - this worked perfectly, but now that Apple have discontinued PPTP support on IOS based devices I have no way of accessing the private network via an Apple client and a Windows based server, so I am hoping there is a way to do something similar via an Apple based client and a router running L2TP.

Offline Wendy123

• View Profile
Re: Access private network and internet via router based VPN server
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 05:41:18 AM »
I have personally used PureVPN iOS app for secured continued internet connection because God knows who may be spying upon our online activity from our mobile phones. Since we all use internet on our mobiles more than we use it on our laptops/PCs. Right now they have deal going around, I checked for Cyber Monday in which they are offering a double up package.
www.purevpn.com/order