Login

Forgot password?

We love free and open web!

Author Topic: Can VPN help against malicious attacks on our network?  (Read 14768 times)

Offline Kay54

• View Profile
Can VPN help against malicious attacks on our network?
« on: September 22, 2016, 02:09:38 AM »
I had used vpn to avail certain services when I was in Mexico for a project. After my return, I uninstalled the service. Yesterday, I noticed that my friend was using vpn even though he doesn't require it. He told me that it helps to hide the identity. Later,  I searched for more details and I came across an article http://nci.ca/potential-risks-free-wi-fi-minimize-risk/ that says free Wi-Fi services harbors risks and how using vpn service can help in privacy and safety. Until now, I though it was used only to get certain exclusive internet websites of other nations. Will all services free or paid help in securing our search details from others?
Thanks.

Offline Wendy123

• View Profile
Re: Can VPN help against malicious attacks on our network?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 06:17:05 AM »
Yes it surely can! Using a vpn server acts as a gateway between your IP and hos IP so that hackers are unable to break into your connection and hack information. I have been using PureVPN for streaming geo-restricted content and to secure my connection from malicious hacking attempts.

Offline Kay54

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 09:31:17 PM »
Thanks a lot. So, I will use a vpn. I have used pureVPN before. I have to get it again.

Offline oVPNto

• View Profile
    • oVPN.to Anonymous Services
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 07:18:16 AM »
Wendy123 spams into every thread same stupid copy paste!