Login

Forgot password?

We love free and open web!

Author Topic: Speed Problem in Softether clients  (Read 6658 times)

Offline kenshin00

• View Profile
Speed Problem in Softether clients
« on: May 25, 2013, 01:05:36 AM »
I have installed and set up Softether Server on Windows 8 for bypass Filtering system in Iran.
But there are some problems with Softether Clients.
Clients can connect to Internet via Server properly but with very low speed, although Server is accessing high speed Internet and.
I even have run Network Traffic Speed Test tool on Clients. The speed that test tool shows never reach more than 128bps and transfer rater is lower than 16KByte per second. It seems their Bandwidths are very low.
I want to know why clients don't access the high speed internet in server and how i can give more bandwidth and speed to clients and fix the problem.
It will be my pleasure that you help me about this.

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Speed Problem in Softether clients
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 02:41:35 AM »
What country is the server hosted? Have you run speed tests on your clients when they are not connected?

I believe the problem here is really the Internet connection in Iran and not the Softether server. Last year someone told me that connections outside Iran were being throttled so if you are connecting to your VPN that is hosted outside Iran then it would definitely be slow. That is before the election and before they clamped down on VPN usage.

Just imagine how much slower it would become when they started blocking VPNs. One possible reason of the slow down is if they are using Deep Packet Inspection because that means every packet needs to be inspected.

Blog post: http://www.vpntutorials.com/blog/internet-in-coma-as-iran-election-looms-124/
A network supervisor at a major Internet service provider in Tehran said his company had been unable to address complaints about slower speeds, particularly accessing pages using the HTTPS secure communications protocol.

"Browsing (the net) is difficult due to the low speed. Even checking emails is a pain," he said.

"Sometimes, loading a secure Google page takes a few long seconds," he added.