Login

Forgot password?

We love free and open web!

Author Topic: OpenVPN Issues (NordVPN) with Cisco Linksys E2500 v3  (Read 11298 times)

Offline mack10

• View Profile
OpenVPN Issues (NordVPN) with Cisco Linksys E2500 v3
« on: April 12, 2016, 01:45:59 AM »
Greetings dd-wrt community, first off I want to convey that I am completely new to the custom router firmware world, including Tomato and OpenWRT. Secondly, I'd like to give thanks to all the developers and contributors for creating such a powerful and freeing firmware!

My main objective here is to setup a router / wireless access point where as I can establish a sustained connection to my VPN service NordVPN via OpenVPN.

I am currently on my second attempt, with my first mistake having purchased a cheap TP-Link with only 4MB of flash. I'd since returned it and purchased myself a Cisco Linksys E2500 v3.

I'd started off with flashing the router with dd-wrt.v24-23569_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e2500V3.bin from it's original factory state.

Next, I'd flashed the router with dd-wrt.v24-21061_NEWD-2_K2.6_openvpn-nv60k.bin

Each flash was successful and I hadn't encountered any issues. However, when it came time to setup the routers OpenVPN client I'd ran into a brick wall.

Here are a few things I've tried...

- Configuring OpenVPN Client via GUI
- Configuring OpenVPN through multiple startup scripts, even scripts documented on NordVPN's website
- Attempted to connect to many servers, verifying each TLS and CA certificates

Given the impression my scripts or configurations were incorrect, I'd even contacted NordVPN support and requested their assistance. The support agent had gone through all the troubleshooting steps he could think of and written a start-up script for me, no luck.

So, as a last ditch effort, I was hoping someone here may have some experience with this router model, firmware, and VPN service provider.

Thanks for your time, and any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Offline richard

• View Profile
Re: OpenVPN Issues (NordVPN) with Cisco Linksys E2500 v3
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 11:30:37 PM »
There are different other categories also available. I think you must have to research first and then get into any solution.