Login

Forgot password?

We love free and open web!

Author Topic: PLEASE HELP!! Having problem with openvpn-udp  (Read 7831 times)

Offline clanterman25

• View Profile
PLEASE HELP!! Having problem with openvpn-udp
« on: August 09, 2016, 09:13:57 AM »
Ive been using PureVPN for over a year now and i have no complaints at all. I always use protocol OpenVPN-UDP because its the most secure and its fast. I was using it on my laptop which is connected to internet via wifi with a netgear wireless router and it worked fine. I recently got a new wireless router a TP-LINK Archer C20i. So now i have the tp-link connected to my modem and the netgear router connected to the tp-link router. That way me and my girlfriend can use the tp-link and everyone else in the house can use the netgear without making whatever im doing slow down and lag. Anyway now that I have the tp-link router every time I connect with protocol OpenVPN-UDP it kicks me off after 5-10 minutes. I am able to connect with protocol PPTP but I DO NOT want to use that protocol because its not secure and it lags my computer. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME? PLEASE! I dont understand why it worked with the netgear but not the tp-link. I never did anything to the netgear and it worked fine so i assumed it would work with the tp-link.

Offline clanterman25

• View Profile
Re: PLEASE HELP!! Having problem with openvpn-udp
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 12:45:17 PM »
UPDATE! Instead of having the tp-link router connected to my laptop wireless I connected the tp-link router directly to my laptop via ethernet cable and protocol OpenVPN worked! But I cant keep it connected that way as my bedroom is upstairs. So now that we know it works when its connected directly to my laptop can someone tell me how I can get it to work when its connected wireless? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Offline richard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 04:24:42 AM »
There are certain tricks and techniques.. you just want to learn from the guide lines mentioned on each provider pages... goo.gl/uV9RYK
Hopefully you will definitely get your desired result..

Offline Wendy123

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 06:36:47 AM »
Free vpns are not anymore the secure way of securing your online connection and online activity. I have been using PureVPN for quite some time now and it is working great and some how haven't had any problems yet.