Login

Forgot password?

We love free and open web!

Author Topic: TunnelBear: Free 500MB/month VPN Service with Servers in U.S. and U.K.  (Read 10970 times)

Offline timallen

• View Profile
With TunnelBear you can easily flip a switch between using either a U.S. or a U.K. VPN server, and to start with you get 500MB of monthly bandwidth allowance. If you’re willing to promote TunnelBear with a tweet you can earn an additional 1GB each month that you post something about them to your Twitter account. If you decide to upgrade to an unlimited plan it’s surprisingly cheap at just $5 per month or $50 for a year.

One of the important things to consider with a service like this is the performance you’ll get. I’d say in my tests the speed isn’t too bad. I am in the United States, and when using the U.K. VPN I received 4.1Mbps down and 1.3Mbps up. That’s not bad considering the distance between my house and the server I was connected to. When using the U.S. VPN I received 10.1Mbps down and 3.6Mbps up. Neither of them were able to come close to maxing out my home internet speed, but if you were looking to just do some music streaming those speeds should probably be good enough.

TunnelBear Homepage : http://www.tunnelbear.com/   (Windows/Mac; Freeware)

Offline reazahmed

• View Profile
Re: TunnelBear: Free 500MB/month VPN Service with Servers in U.S. and U.K.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 10:36:44 PM »
500MB per month is nothing. I use 1 GB daily... LOL... :D

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 11:22:45 PM »
Tweet about their service and you will get an additional 1GB each month.

Offline hofy22

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 05:35:16 PM »
i´ll gona try it! thanks to share