Login

Forgot password?

We love free and open web!

Author Topic: cant configure vpn  (Read 11123 times)

Offline usernamecr

• View Profile
cant configure vpn
« on: January 17, 2015, 08:38:02 AM »
In the last 3 months ive tried out 3 different VPN services(paid) and ive noticed with ALL of them that they are acting extremely buggy. So far ive used WiTopia, PureVPN, and now im trying out PIA because of the great reviews it got.

On all 3 vpns, it got to a point that when the VPN was connected, my internet connection would drop completely regardless of the fact the vpn displayed "connected"

This wasnt always the case for example with WiTopia, it was working pretty flawlessly for the first 2 weeks or so, then began acting out.

I also noticed with all VPNs that the kill switch never seems to work with my computer. If the VPN program is running however not connected to a server, I would still have access.

Im not too sure what could be causing this problem. I disabled windows firewall temporarily as I thought it might be blocking but the same problems arise with FW on or off.

Im running Win7, the laptop is a Compaq CQ60 (old laptop) 2.0 GHz, 3 GB RAM, and am using a home wifi connection (if this helps)

Has anyone encountered this problem?

Offline GopherVPN

• View Profile
    • GopherVPN
Re: cant configure vpn
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 06:20:24 PM »
Hi there,

Sorry that you've had issues with all these providers. If I may ask, what protocols are you using and which client are you using to connect?

If you want to give us a try, we'd be more than happy to have you as a client.

Offline olufsson

• View Profile
Re: cant configure vpn
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 01:49:25 AM »
I will say about my experience .
Earlier, I tried a lot of VPN including paid . Connection problems , low speed were commonplace. but by far the best in my case , was the boxpn . Not without problems, but it's the best of what I've tried.