Login

Forgot password?

We love free and open web!

Author Topic: Is PD-Proxy really safe?  (Read 9586 times)

Offline LovePDProxy

• View Profile
Is PD-Proxy really safe?
« on: October 06, 2014, 11:47:54 AM »
Sorry but I have to wonder this again. I know about ARP spoofing (poisoning) and looks like almost every time I log in PD-Proxy and connect, I become a victim of such kind of attack. The network speed drops much so that I cannot surf the web in a normal way. And the most serious problem I'm scared of is the attacker can sniff and stole my sensitive information such as passwords, ... That's not acceptable at all.

I've read fairly lots about how to defend against this kind of attack. The most feasible solution is try setting the static entry mapping the default gate way IP to its real MAC address, then at least I'll be safe from being intercepted by the attackers. However the real MAC address of the default gate way is not shown/visible in a poisoned LAN (by ARP spoofing). Instead what I see are all the MAC addresses (real or spoofed) of the attackers. I would like somehow the server could send the client the real MAC address of the default gate way right after the client being connected successfully (like the way the client interface's IP is reported). So the clients can use that real MAC address to protect themselves from being sniffed.

Please pardon me if there is something wrong especially with my knowledge about networking. I'm really new to networking. Also if you have any tips or suggestions about this problem, please let me know. Thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 11:51:19 AM by LovePDProxy »