Login

Forgot password?

We love free and open web!

Author Topic: ZenMate - a free privacy protection plugin for Chrome  (Read 11755 times)

Offline ryan

• View Profile
ZenMate - a free privacy protection plugin for Chrome
« on: June 15, 2015, 03:26:01 PM »
Zenmate is a new privacy protection plugin for the Chrome (and Chromium) bowser. Ok its not new but nobody posted it here so I am posting about zenmate now.

The plugin works like a traditional VPN. It encryts the traffic between your Chrome browser and Zenmate’s servers. By using Zenmate it allows you to access geo-restricted content like Netflix and Hulu and it lets you surf anonymously.

And yes Zenmate is still free with no bandwidth caps. You could also upgrade your account to Premium which gives you additional access to Zenmate's desktop VPN client, turbo speed, more advanced features and extra server locations.

The only downside with zenmate chrome plugin is its not really a VPN but a proxy. But again if you want to use it as a VPN you can always upgrade your account.

How can you install zenmate?

The fastest way to download the ZenMate plug-in is to go through the Chrome Web Store. Once the plug-in has been downloaded and installed, provide ZenMate your email address and go to your email inbox to verify your email account. Click on the link provided in an email you will receive from ZenMate upon providing your email address, and your ZenMate will begin functioning.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 03:26:50 PM by Administrator »

Offline ryan

• View Profile
Re: ZenMate - a free privacy protection plugin for Chrome
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 03:27:52 PM »
You can visit their site here: https://zenmate.com/

Offline Wendy123

• View Profile
Re: ZenMate - a free privacy protection plugin for Chrome
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 06:41:56 AM »
I have read on many review sites and forums that zenmate does not offer added layers of security in the form of encrypted connection. That made me re-think about my choices and therefore I have been using purevpn for 3 years now. Their subscription plans are well tailored for ordinary users and most importantly they offer 5 plus multi logins so I can use it on variable devices so that is a plus for me.