Login

Forgot password?

We love free and open web!

Author Topic: VPN Local Servers  (Read 3671 times)

Offline nikos325

• View Profile
VPN Local Servers
« on: January 30, 2018, 04:12:38 AM »
Hello i'm new to all this vpn thing and i have a question . I can understand why all major vpn providers are based offshore (Expressvpn-British virgin islands, Nordvpn-Panama). They are trying to avoid goverments with strong laws and rules regarding subpoena data and personal details. But my consern is for the users. Whats the poiont to have a company based offshore if the servers are in US or Europe? If someone uses a server in US then all the data from this server could be disclosed with a court order. no matter if the parent company is in Panama. Should we always use servers from Africa countries or other exotic ones?

Thanks
Nikos

Offline AnatolijKarpov

• View Profile
Re: VPN Local Servers
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 07:47:29 AM »
it is the company which is responsible for the user details, not the servers, and country, where it belongs, dictates the rules.  For deeper review on different vpn services in one place have a look here, for me it is most decent website takes comparison for granted https://vpnspecial.com/comparison-table/

Offline nikos325

• View Profile
Re: VPN Local Servers
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 08:00:41 AM »
Dear Anatolij

Thank you very much for the reply.

If you maintain a server in a country this request to have a local company. Maybe user details (mail address,membership, expiry dates etc) are kept in the parent company but for the data of the local server responsible is the local subsidiary. So if you are in US and use a server in Europe (for example UK), UK government could require the data (your IP) from the UK server company even if the parent company is in Panama and cooperate with US government to find you. Am i right?