Login

Forgot password?

We love free and open web!

Author Topic: WorldVPN's "Satisfaction guarantee" is FRAUD  (Read 8409 times)

Offline jnilsson

• View Profile
WorldVPN's "Satisfaction guarantee" is FRAUD
« on: April 01, 2017, 10:51:07 AM »
I tested their service with a one hour free trial. It worked ok for my purpose at the time.

A few weeks later I was looking to get a VPN subscription for regular use and had a look again at WorldVPN. I came across their "Refund policy":
100% satisfaction guaranteed!

All WorldVPN orders are covered with a money-back guarantee. You are entitled to a refund on an order if all of the following apply:
◾Your refund claim is within 3 days of your order date.
◾You have not used more than 500MB of bandwidth i.e. data transfer (total upload and download activity using WorldVPN) or you have not exceeded 20 sessions i.e. the number of times you connected to WorldVPN services. Whichever comes first.
◾If our technical team fails in providing you a solution.

If you are in compliance with the above mentioned criteria, then we will definitely refund your order.
https://www.worldvpn.net/refund-policy/

Great! The trial is over so let's sign up for a 2 year period for $52. If it doesn't work out I'll just tell them so at an early stage and be refunded. Said and done!

Well, of course it turned out in a few minutes that WorldVPN didn't work for my purposes. I checked out PureVPN instead and it worked.

So less than 3 hours from when I signed up and paid and with virtually no usage of the VPN connection, I wrote to the customer support and asked them to end my subscription and refund me the payment.

This was January 28. Now is April 1. This is no joke but they have refused to refund me.

The ticket is not yet closed. I will post copies of the discussion with their customer service below as it developed. Thereby this thread will reappear at the forum top.

$52 is nothing but I am allergic to FRAUD.

Offline XCarlJX

• View Profile
Re: WorldVPN's "Satisfaction guarantee" is FRAUD
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 04:33:25 AM »
whoa. i hope you do get your refund man. at least something worked out for you. (y)

Offline jnilsson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 12:52:18 AM »
No refund whatsoever. Surprisingly, the ticket is still open 3 months later.

Offline jnilsson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 05:03:02 PM »
A year after WorldVPN has now sent a subscription renewal invoice...

Offline jnilsson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 12:18:54 AM »
The useless service I never used but paid for was suspended when they didn't receive payment for the renewal...

This is a notification that your service has now been suspended. The details of this suspension are below:
Product/Service: 12 Months
Username: uvpn3305
Amount: $53.95 USD
Due Date: 28/01/2018
Suspension Reason: Overdue on Payment
Please contact us as soon as possible to get your service reactivated.