Login

Forgot password?

We love free and open web!

Author Topic: ​How I "Hacked" Kayak and Booked a Cheaper Flight  (Read 1714038 times)

Offline Popi

• View Profile
​How I "Hacked" Kayak and Booked a Cheaper Flight
« on: December 19, 2021, 10:13:04 PM »
Allow me to begin this out by saying I didn't "hack" something in the dark cap Hackers way, yet by tracking down a market failure and utilizing it for my potential benefit It should be the informal investor in me. No damage was done to any PCs or frameworks in the creation of this post.

TL;DR: I booked a trip through Kayak utilizing a VPN and saved ~$100.
Long form: I was searching for trips to New Orleans when I understood that the flight value I checked yesterday was ~$100 less expensive. I began to think why the cost went up such a huge amount in one day and took a stab at checking the flight again utilizing just Google Incognito however there was no value move. Possibly my VPN had something to do with it? The prior night I was utilizing a VPN (I use BTGuard btw) and Kayak thought I was from Toronto, Canada. I surmise assuming you are not from the takeoff city then, at that point, flights are less expensive?

So how did I respond?
So I had initially went to Kayak today and really looked at departures from Miami to New Orleans (Mardi Gras, w00t!). This was managed without a VPN yet utilizing Google's Incognito element. Investigate how much the flights were: