Login

Forgot password?

We love free and open web!

Author Topic: My VPN doesn't allow me to show as if i'm in another country for Amazon.com purc  (Read 9999 times)

Offline Ronin

• View Profile
Hello everyone! First time visitor to the site and first time vpn user.

This is my question/situation. I currently use vpn unlimited.
I wanted to take advantage of the cheaper prices of software on Amazon.com, even though i live in another country.(UAE)
Now, i set up an american address in amazon.com,( just entered any address in America, since i only wanted to purchase a downloadable version of software(kaspersky). Amazon won't show a download link, because i get a window that says the download is only applicable if you are in that country.
Now, using vpn unlimited, i set the server address as California, USA. But Amazon still won't show the link, i'm assuming because something still shows that i'm not based in USA.
I"m assuming they have a way around to know this, since, even when my vpn is turned on, when i go to Google Maps, they still are able to highlight exactly where i am, despite the vpn service is on.

Has anyone encountered this?????   Thank you

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Have you cleared your cookies before visiting the amazon website? Make sure also that you disabled geo location on your browser http://techlogon.com/2013/04/23/how-to-disable-geolocation-in-ie-chrome-or-firefox/

Offline Ronin

• View Profile
I don't know if it matters, but i was using my laptop with chrome browser, and not my phone.

Offline proxydude

• View Profile
    • Unblock sites
Maby you need a new amazone account? Did you created the account with vpn or without?

Offline tracyleon

• View Profile
I am living in USA and using USA VPN for amazon to access it. You can use country or region specific VPN to access if you are facing problems. Here my shared source will help you to understand about country Specific VPN like USA VPN must go for it.  8)

Offline emmaplopez

• View Profile
Maybe its your old cache/cookie problem you need to clear it or check other server of your VPN are that working fine? If not they you need to switch your VPN service that has dedicated servers in USA. You can check out some USA VPN service list.

Offline Saronsam

• View Profile
I would recommend you to switch your VPN provider. This can happen if there some errors in the UI of that provider and it makes difficult for you to get good connectivity. There are few top vpn services who have optimized servers not only in usa but in other parts of the world. I would like you to check out the list of 5 fastest vpn services including their upload download speeds in USA servers

Offline michaelswindell

• Misanthrope, Avatar, Voice Actor
    • View Profile
Try http://www.freevpnnetwork.com/
When I was in the Philippines, I was able to buy something from Amazon.com using their US server.

Hope it helps.. :)

Offline elizabetholsen

• View Profile
you need a fastest VPN Service provider who can give unlimited speed and fast connectivity which is most important thing

Offline NORDVPN

• View Profile
Probably a dns leak, check here: https://ipleak.net/